Rina's Web Journal

'Tis the life of Rina Champagne. Recorded on ze internet.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What Time is It??

SUMMER TIME!!
(It's our vacation!)


My lovely readers...I must say that summer has brought an absence of free blogging time! That is no excuse for my blatant disregard for the Golden Rule of Blogging. (Thou Must Update Frequently). I ask for your forgiveness. Ü

Upon receiving your forgiveness, I have written a very long blog for your enjoyment! My pledge is to try to update at least once a week...ish. Ü ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?!! (*cue music*)


A description of Rina's Summer so far!

Vacation in the Mountains: Part 1
Vacation in the Mountains: Part 2
Vacation in the Mountains: Part 3
Friend-ish Stuff

Yes, I have been quite busy-ish. The pictures tell the story of each event, and I hope that you enjoy the insanity of my family. Ü

My Summer oH EIGHT Movies to Watch list is as follows:

Get Smart
I saw this on Monday and I enjoyed it. Really anything with Steve Carrell in it is something that I end up enjoying. (With the exception of "Dan in Real Life". blehh.) There were a few negative elements. Check out Plugged In Online for their review.

Kung Fu Panda
This movie was very cute. Jack Black plays Po, a panda who is chosen as the Dragon Warrior. You see his journey from a Noodle Soup Maker to a Kung Fu Mastaahh. It's very funny, and a good movie to go see with your family! The only "bad" (notice quote/unquote) part is that they say that there is no "good" or "bad", there is only what you choose. The whole movie doesn't revolve around that phrase. It says it once, and they never really reference it again. Overall, a very good family movie.

Camp Rock
Stop trying to stone me. It has the JONAS BROTHERS in it. You can predict the plot from the first scene in the movie! No one can act!! What more could you possibly want in a movie?!!

High School Musical 2
No, not High School Musical. Who are you?! That's SO last year. This is another movie that you can predict the plot. It has some catchy songs, and like Camp Rock, no one can act. So, go ahead! Give in to your inner Wildcat!!
Another great way to watch a movie without having to spend money is to check out the Sci-Fi channel. Yes. I know. I'm a nerd. It's okay. Ü Anyway, one night, while surfing channels, my family started a tradition. B-Movie night! It's a fun way to spend time together as a family. We can (guess.) predict the plot, the acting sucks and it's just a really good time. Most recently we watched "Shark Swarm" and "Earthstorm". Great movies. Ü

Boredom Busters!!
Try these:
Crazy Monkey Games
Kyle introduced me to this last year. Lots and lots of games for seemingly endless fun!
Funbrain
This is a kiddie site, but I found it fun. Ü You get to go around the board. The best game is the one with the cicadas. Have you ever seen a cicada? They're TERRIFYING!! No lie! I saw one in the mountains. It was scary.
Miniclip
This one is slightly LESS of a kiddie site, but I still like it. Brain games!! Flatbread Express is pretty fun...in case you were wondering. ;)
Postopia
Shut up. I like kiddie sites. And this one is fun.

If you're the outdoorsy type...(*ahem* not me.)...then try this. Go swimming! It's good exercise and you people need to work on your tans. Ü If you don't have immediate access to a pool, try this! Put your iPod on shuffle. The first song that comes up is your theme song. Learn the lyrics. Make up a dance. THEN, perform it for your neighborhood kids. Yes, we're 15. That doesn't mean we can't still play with the neighborhood kids!! If you really feel THAT uncomfortable with it, then do it for your family, you wussy. No, it doesn't matter if you can't dance. I can't either, and yet...I'm in a dance troupe. It's amazing fun. We rock the world. Stop being boring and DO SOMETHING! (And no, that does NOT mean hunting me down at church and telling me that I need to update my blog. ;) ) Kidding. Ü

It's summer time, and yeah, that usually means church attendance is down. Most people are on vacation...if you're not...you should do something to serve! During the summer, churches have a variety of different summer activities like Vacation Bible School, Upward Camp and even Epic Surf Camp. They're ALWAYS in need of volunteers. Here's the VBS information for FBC: Outrigger Island
This isn't JUST a way for you to serve God, it's a way to have fun doing it. If THAT'S not enough incentive for you, it's another good way to store up community service hours for your college application!! (Liberty all the way, baby. Ü )

Welcome to the World We Live In. In this segment, we'll view the incompetence of your average American. I take you now to the Wal-Mart on Monument(when did it become the ghetto, by the way?? Seriously!! Three people got arrested the last time I was there). Now, it's a Saturday night in SUMMER. How many check out lanes are open?? Four. No lie. There were FOUR check out lines open. There were literally FIFTY people waiting in line. Finally, we were next in line. Bear in mind that it is 9:15pm, and we were in the EXPRESS check out line (for you non-shoppers, that means we have 10 items or less), and if that wasn't enough, it was also a SELF check out (again, you non-shoppers, that means we have to ring stuff up ourselves...we should get paid). The dude in front of us had 11 items, so we were like "yeah, okay. Whatever. It's one more item then ten." Well, he got about half way through, and he proceeded to BREAK the machine. Thanks, dude. The Queen of the Checkout Lanes came and tried(using the term very loosely) to fix it. After she couldn't, she decided that she was going to try out her foreign language on us(French, if you know what I mean). Well, we moved to a different check out, and SUCCESS. We were out. After 20 minutes and a slew of people who lack common sense, we finally made it out of Wal-Mart. O_O Applause the customer service, everyone. Ü

Alrighty, kiddos. Thanks for reading!! Before you go...check out this blog!
Always Be Prepared...
Okeedokee! Love you guys!

Rina

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely formed.

I can relate to the -ahem- special customers of Wal-Mart.

However, I seem to be the only person in the world that doesn't absolutely love Steve Carell.

At the end, the second of your "preferred blogs" was not a working link. Just FYI.

June 25, 2008 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger Dorothy Champagne said...

Very interesting honey. You're a wonderful writer...

June 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Steve Carell is awesome! And I liked Dan in Real Life!!

Also....

"It's good exercise and you people need to work on your tans. Ü"

Yeah...you know what im thinking, lol.

Love the blog, and you!!!!!!!

June 25, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home